COMMUNITY INVESTMENT (GRANTMAKING)
In 2013, UWDC invested $357,464 in total program services for Davie County, strictly addressing the needs of our community. Each year, dozens of community volunteers help to make funding decisions for United Way. Nonprofit organizations may request funding from UWDC for programs that fall into one of our three identified priorities, called Community Impact Areas:
- Invest in the future success of children by providing safe environments and educational activities.
- Enhance character development and self-esteem.
- Help children achieve their full potential.
- Improve people's health.
- Promote the wellness of the community through physical activities.
- Promote the well being of seniors in our community.
- Provide physical, emotional and psychological caring to the sick, disabled and terminally ill.
- Provide people with the basic necessities in a disaster or other times of temporary need.
- Promote financial stability and independence.
- Encourage and facilitate a return to self-sufficiency.
UWDC Partners are those nonprofits who request yearly funding from a partnership status and who participate in an fund distribution process. UWDC Partner Agencies are featured on the UWDC brochure and spotlighted in presentations throughout the United Way campaign.
For a complete list of UWDC Partner Agencies, click here.